- FISA Court Colludes with NSA to Allow Unconstitutional SurveillancePosted 9 months ago
- Ron Paul says U.S. Gov’t Considers its Citizens to be the EnemyPosted 9 months ago
- U.S. Officials don’t know how much Secret Material Snowden TookPosted 9 months ago
- Nancy Pelosi: We Should Give up Liberty for Security, Snowden a Criminal – Booed by AudiencePosted 9 months ago
- US Officials Leave 700 Troops in Jordan, Patriot Missiles and Fighter Jets – Escalation of Syrian WarPosted 9 months ago
- If Obama Wants No More Snowdens, He Should Stop Spying and Assassinating, Says WikiLeaksPosted 9 months ago
- EFF Sues NSA, DOJ Over Secret Surveillance ProgramPosted 9 months ago
- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 9 months ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 9 months ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 9 months ago
Vermont Marijuana Bill Heads to Governor’s Desk
Decriminalization of small amounts of marijuana and hashish has just cleared its last Vermont legislative hurdle.
The Vermont House last Monday voted to concur with Senate changes to the bill – including a Senate-passed provision that decriminalizes possession of up to five grams of hashish, a concentrated derivative of marijuana.
The bill also replaces criminal penalties with civil fines similar to a traffic ticket for possession of up to an ounce of marijuana.
The bill must still be signed into law by Gov. Peter Shumlin, who says he supports it.