- FISA Court Colludes with NSA to Allow Unconstitutional SurveillancePosted 4 years ago
- Ron Paul says U.S. Gov’t Considers its Citizens to be the EnemyPosted 4 years ago
- U.S. Officials don’t know how much Secret Material Snowden TookPosted 4 years ago
- Nancy Pelosi: We Should Give up Liberty for Security, Snowden a Criminal – Booed by AudiencePosted 4 years ago
- US Officials Leave 700 Troops in Jordan, Patriot Missiles and Fighter Jets – Escalation of Syrian WarPosted 4 years ago
- If Obama Wants No More Snowdens, He Should Stop Spying and Assassinating, Says WikiLeaksPosted 4 years ago
- EFF Sues NSA, DOJ Over Secret Surveillance ProgramPosted 4 years ago
- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 4 years ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 4 years ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 4 years ago
Tennessee Fighting New Common Core Standards and Anti-2nd Amendment Agenda
by Ali Papademetriou
Many people are concerned about the public education program that is currently being implemented – Common Core – and its potential over-standardization and ‘dumbing down’ of United States students.
Forty-five states as well as Washington DC have all adopted the program, but pro-Second Amendment advocates in Tennessee are warning against it. The Tennessee Firearms Association, a non-profit organization sent an email last week demanding that lawmakers halt or damper on Common Core’s implementation in the state’s public schools.
Last month, it was reported that a textbook for Texas Advanced Placement American History students displayed a skewed definition of the Second Amendment. In simple terms, the book’s definition claimed that the people only have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia – something that angered many students’ parents.
This is something that Tennessee gun advocates didn’t fail to mention, either. “We are already seeing textbooks and teaching assignments that are a part of Common Core intentionally or recklessly misinterpreting the Second Amendment in schools across the country,” said John Harris, executive director of the Tennessee Firearms Association, in the email.
“And we want to insure that the liberal anti-gun agenda is not allowed to invade Tennessee schools,” he also detailed.
“We are certain to see more examples of attacks on fundamental constitutional principles as the liberal agenda that is at the core of Common Core is revealed in more assignments and testing materials,” stated Harris, alluding that the Second Amendment slander probably won’t be the only attack on the Constitution.
He concluded by detailing that, “If it makes sense for Republicans who oppose the immediate implementation of ObamaCare in Washington with promises of repealing it, it makes sense for conservatives in Tennessee to stop or delay implementation of ObamaCore in our schools until we are sure it is right for us.”