- FISA Court Colludes with NSA to Allow Unconstitutional SurveillancePosted 8 months ago
- Ron Paul says U.S. Gov’t Considers its Citizens to be the EnemyPosted 8 months ago
- U.S. Officials don’t know how much Secret Material Snowden TookPosted 9 months ago
- Nancy Pelosi: We Should Give up Liberty for Security, Snowden a Criminal – Booed by AudiencePosted 9 months ago
- US Officials Leave 700 Troops in Jordan, Patriot Missiles and Fighter Jets – Escalation of Syrian WarPosted 9 months ago
- If Obama Wants No More Snowdens, He Should Stop Spying and Assassinating, Says WikiLeaksPosted 9 months ago
- EFF Sues NSA, DOJ Over Secret Surveillance ProgramPosted 9 months ago
- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 9 months ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 9 months ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 9 months ago
Oklahoma House Votes to Nullify Obamacare, 72-20
Nullification of Obamacare in Oklahoma took a step closer to reality Wednesday when the Oklahoma House overwhelmingly approved a bill that would nullify the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
HB1021 declares Obamacare unconstitutional and calls on the Oklahoma legislature to take action to prevent implementation of the federal health care plan in the Sooner State.
It shall be the duty of the Legislature of this state to adopt and enact any and all measures as may be necessary to prevent the enforcement of the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” and the “Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010” within the limits of this state.
The bill passed 72-20 and will now move on to the State Senate.
Oklahoma Liberty executive director Mark Kreslins said bill sponsor Rep. Mike Ritze, along with States’ Rights Committee chairman Rep. Lewis Moore, Rep. Dan Fisher and Rep. John Enns all delivered passionate floor speeches prior to the vote, calling on their fellow representatives to step up, and rein in an out of control and tyrannical federal government.
Kreslins also credited strong grass roots support for pushing the bill through.
“This is a great day for nullification and for the liberty movement with the overwhelming victory of HB 1021,” he said. “We want to extend a huge ‘thank you’ to everybody who came out Tuesday to the liberty rally and then talked to your representatives on behalf of the bill. This victory would not have possible without you.”
Ritze said states have to step up and stop the federal government from completely running over the most basic rights of the people and their states.
“Thomas Jefferson made it perfectly clear in the Kentucky Resolution of 1799 when he wrote; ‘That if those who administer the general government be permitted to transgress the limits fixed by that compact, by a total disregard to the special delegations of power therein contained, annihilation of the state governments, and the erection upon their ruins, of a general consolidated government, will be the inevitable consequence.’”
Senator Nathan Dahm will serve as the bill’s primary sponsor in the Senate. It has not been assigned a committee at this time.