- FISA Court Colludes with NSA to Allow Unconstitutional SurveillancePosted 1 year ago
- Ron Paul says U.S. Gov’t Considers its Citizens to be the EnemyPosted 1 year ago
- U.S. Officials don’t know how much Secret Material Snowden TookPosted 1 year ago
- Nancy Pelosi: We Should Give up Liberty for Security, Snowden a Criminal – Booed by AudiencePosted 1 year ago
- US Officials Leave 700 Troops in Jordan, Patriot Missiles and Fighter Jets – Escalation of Syrian WarPosted 1 year ago
- If Obama Wants No More Snowdens, He Should Stop Spying and Assassinating, Says WikiLeaksPosted 1 year ago
- EFF Sues NSA, DOJ Over Secret Surveillance ProgramPosted 1 year ago
- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 2 years ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 2 years ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 2 years ago
Military Man Removed from Obama’s Inauguration for Holding Distressed Flag
by Angel Clark
President Obama had his inauguration on Monday, with supporters lining up before dawn to hear him speak. Plenty of news sources are talking about what President Obama discussed during his speech, very few are sharing what happened in the crowd. One man, a military man wearing his uniform, quietly protesting President Obama, was removed from the crowd.
It was noticeable from afar, a large American flag hung upside down, underneath the American flag hung a large Culpeper flag. The Culpeper flag is a white flag with a large snake curled in the middle, the words “liberty or death” and “don’t tread on me” are visible on the flag. It is a flag that has become synonymous with the Tea Party in the last few years. The American flag, or any flag hanging upside down, is considered aninternationally recognized sign of distress. With his flags, this man was stating boldly and quietly, that the nation is in distress at the second inauguration of President Obama.
The man in his military attire was approached by the police and escorted away. A bystander contacted Breitbart – One Voice Silenced, Millions Awakened, and gave a firsthand account of what happened:
“I first noticed the distress flag maybe a half hour before he was asked to leave- I am going to estimate about 0930, my picture files have time I transferred them, not the time I took them.
I tried to get closer to him, but the crowd was too thick. We were in the second tranche of the non-ticketed area, you can see the National Museum of the American Indian behind him as he is being escorted way, for reference.
He was pretty much dead center as you look across the mall (I was on the north edge of the crowd). Not long after I took the first picture of the flags in the distance he was able to move forward a good bit, maybe 50 yards or so.
The crowd was very dense, so I am not sure how he managed that. He stayed in the new location until the police escorted him out. He marched, and I mean marched, out of the crowd with the flags held high.
As soon as they got him into the strip between the tranches he lowered the flags, I am assuming here that they made him do that and there was simply no room in the crowd to do so sooner. That’s when I moved to the barrier and took the photos.
He was speaking to the police, conversationally, and they were answering the same way. I did not see them touch him at all. The only bit of conversation I heard was one of the police directing him to leave.”
Many have expressed anger that this man’s right to free speech was violated.