- FISA Court Colludes with NSA to Allow Unconstitutional SurveillancePosted 1 year ago
- Ron Paul says U.S. Gov’t Considers its Citizens to be the EnemyPosted 1 year ago
- U.S. Officials don’t know how much Secret Material Snowden TookPosted 1 year ago
- Nancy Pelosi: We Should Give up Liberty for Security, Snowden a Criminal – Booed by AudiencePosted 1 year ago
- US Officials Leave 700 Troops in Jordan, Patriot Missiles and Fighter Jets – Escalation of Syrian WarPosted 1 year ago
- If Obama Wants No More Snowdens, He Should Stop Spying and Assassinating, Says WikiLeaksPosted 1 year ago
- EFF Sues NSA, DOJ Over Secret Surveillance ProgramPosted 1 year ago
- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 1 year ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 1 year ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 1 year ago
Leader of the Liberty Movement, Ron Paul Officially Retires at 77 from Congress
by Ezra Van Auken
The 12-term Congressman and 3-time Presidential candidate from Texas, Ron Paul is now officially retired. Rep. Paul who started off his political career in 1976 has embodied the ideas of fiscal government, individual liberty, free markets and shrinkage of the military overseas. Starting early in his career, the Texas Congressman received little attention about his libertarian-style views and was viewed as being “out there” by pundits and common voters.
Since his first presidential run in 1988 under the Libertarian party, Rep. Paul has gained a heap of support from everyday Americans. In 2008, when Paul ran under the Republican Party, he sparked what is now known as the “Liberty movement” and got to the core of angered Americans who saw his ideas of less government and more personal liberty as the only sane possibility. After his loss in 2008, one thing was clear – this wasn’t about winning an election, it was about an intellectual revolution and restoring the message of liberty to the American people.
From 2008 to 2012, the Congressman rang in millions of supporters and donations, which gave him an enormous boost – one that many grassroots campaigns wish to see. The most amazing part about the entire campaign was that it was never about winning, it was about delivering a message to those who had not yet heard it: freedom.
Not only did the Republican Party cheat Ron Paul out of many winning states, but they also wouldn’t allow the retiring Congressman to speak at the National Convention. Despite all of the hardships, the Ron Paul Revolution is living on to this day and remains as a vital threat to special interests in D.C. as more and more inspired Americans become the change they want to see.
“There is only one kind of freedom and that’s individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.” -Ron Paul