- FISA Court Colludes with NSA to Allow Unconstitutional SurveillancePosted 10 months ago
- Ron Paul says U.S. Gov’t Considers its Citizens to be the EnemyPosted 10 months ago
- U.S. Officials don’t know how much Secret Material Snowden TookPosted 10 months ago
- Nancy Pelosi: We Should Give up Liberty for Security, Snowden a Criminal – Booed by AudiencePosted 10 months ago
- US Officials Leave 700 Troops in Jordan, Patriot Missiles and Fighter Jets – Escalation of Syrian WarPosted 10 months ago
- If Obama Wants No More Snowdens, He Should Stop Spying and Assassinating, Says WikiLeaksPosted 10 months ago
- EFF Sues NSA, DOJ Over Secret Surveillance ProgramPosted 10 months ago
- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 10 months ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 10 months ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 10 months ago
Kerry: US Will ‘Do What We Must’ to Stop Iran
by Jason Ditz
Senator John Kerry (D – MA) vowed that the US would “do what we must” to stop Iran from ever acquiring a nuclear weapon, adding that “the clock is ticking” for Iran to comply with US demands.
Sen. Kerry’s comments came at his confirmation hearing for Secretary of State, a process seen as little more than a formality, as his brand of non-confrontational, bullet-point speech giving andwillingness to tow the line on foreign policy virtually ensures his approval, which could come assoon as Tuesday.
Kerry went on to give lip-service to a “two-state solution” in Israel, calling for Syrian President Bashar Assad’s ouster, and reiterating a number of Obama Administration positions, interspersed with pauses for members of the Foreign Relations Committee, which he is the leader of, to praise him for his “leadership.”
The closest thing to content his hearing had was an insistence that US foreign policy is “not defined by drones,” arguing that in addition to killing thousands of people with flying robots the US also provides food aid in some cases.