- FISA Court Colludes with NSA to Allow Unconstitutional SurveillancePosted 1 year ago
- Ron Paul says U.S. Gov’t Considers its Citizens to be the EnemyPosted 1 year ago
- U.S. Officials don’t know how much Secret Material Snowden TookPosted 1 year ago
- Nancy Pelosi: We Should Give up Liberty for Security, Snowden a Criminal – Booed by AudiencePosted 1 year ago
- US Officials Leave 700 Troops in Jordan, Patriot Missiles and Fighter Jets – Escalation of Syrian WarPosted 1 year ago
- If Obama Wants No More Snowdens, He Should Stop Spying and Assassinating, Says WikiLeaksPosted 1 year ago
- EFF Sues NSA, DOJ Over Secret Surveillance ProgramPosted 1 year ago
- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 1 year ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 1 year ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 1 year ago
Kentucky Sheriff Joins Fight to Protect 2nd Amendment
by Ali Papademetriou
Many states across the US are taking a stand against any possible tyranny that could be lurking. Just the other day, President Obama signed twenty-three executive actions regarding gun control, as many are growing wary of their right to bear arms being possibly infringed.
Fearing that the federal government is overstepping its boundaries, lawmakers and local law enforcement have been joining citizens in defense of the Second Amendment. SLN recently reported on a Wyoming Representative, Kansas City Representative, as well as Texas lawmakers who have proposed bills to nullify any federal gun restrictions.
Now, in Kentucky, Jackson County residents are proud of their Sheriff for standing up for himself and his people and honoring the Constitution. Sheriff Denny Peyman told The New American that “he would refuse to enforce any more assaults on the Second Amendment, and that federal agents would not be allowed to do so either – at least not in his jurisdiction.”
In addition, Jackson County teachers will also be allowed to bear arms – something that has become a very controversial topic since the Sandy Hook massacre took place – but is nonetheless a right that all humans have.
Peyman explained, “Anytime that they come against the Second Amendment, or try to say ‘we’re going to do this or we’re going to do that,’ well we here are not going to comply with that.” He went on to say, “I can’t justify complying, taking a gun away from a citizen when it takes me sometimes 30 minutes to respond to a situation where they have somebody kicking down the door in a remote area. I would rather that people be able to protect themselves.”
Referring to the magazines and clips that the government is threatening to ban, the Sheriff noted, “I have one, and the reason I have one is because I want one, not because I’m the sheriff, but because I’m a citizen and I’m entitled to have those. The government has them, so the citizens are allowed to have them – that’s what the Second Amendment is.”
“This last shooting was with pistols, you know. So it’s just a matter of time before they try and come for all of them,” noted the Sheriff that has won over the hearts of many liberty advocates. “What they’re doing is they’re working toward basically confiscating, but if you look at the areas where the guns are confiscated, there are more deaths and more shootings in those areas then there are where the people are armed.”