Book Released, Author Believes GOP Stole the Nomination from Ron Paul

By on January 9, 2013

by Kevin Kervick

In a provocative book released this week, author Michael S. Alford makes a powerful case that the GOP establishment stole the Republican nomination from Congressman Ron Paul. The book is titled, Swindled: How the GOP Cheated Ron Paul and Lost Themselves the Election. Alford presents compelling evidence gathered from firsthand testimonials, video evidence, and news reports from the 2012 caucuses and primaries that he believes points to a conspiracy by the GOP establishment to take votes away from Dr. Paul and give them to other candidates. Alford believes that if not for this conspiracy, Congressman Paul would have won the Republican nomination.

Perhaps more importantly for the nation, according to Alford, had the GOP not committed this massive fraud, Congressman Paul would have rejuvenated the Republican Party as the candidate of liberty and limited government. Instead, the Republicans nominated Mitt Romney, a candidate who did nothing to reinvigorate the conservative identity. Alford believes the GOP “blew it” and the nation lost.

Alford is at a loss to understand why the GOP took this course of action because as the election results bore out, Governor Romney, the eventual nominee, was not a good candidate. Furthermore, by alienating the Liberty Movement and grassroots conservatives, the Republican establishment may have depressed voter turnout and destroyed their own chances for maintaining power in the future.

Alford’s conclusion is troubling. That a political party would engage in organized fraud to secure a particular candidate and marginalize another. For that reason, this book is likely to animate the passions of Ron Paul supporters and other citizens who are concerned about fairness and the integrity of the electoral process.

Image Reference

About Admin

52 Comments

1. jjamerb

January 9, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Clearly obvious to anyone who supported Dr. Paul. Paul had the youth vote that was tired of the government’s interference in every aspect of their lives. The convention sealed the doubts when the pa delegates were ignored or threatened if they were not for Rodney. The GOP is a dinosaur that is soon to be extinct as the liberty movement erases the Rhinos from the roles.

• Kyle Sandborn

January 9, 2013 at 6:49 pm

OR when they had Virginia’s delegation who was leading the conservatives against the new rules stuck outside in a bus.

The convention gives the theory credibility.
      Is the author using that data made from RPforums? They had quite an effort going there for a while.

• Ozlanthos

January 10, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Or how they switched Ron Paul delegates with Romney alternates despite the fact that Oregon is a PROPORTIONAL VOTE state!

-Oz

• Greg M

January 10, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Or how they never counted Maine’s Delegates … it truly was a rigged election bought and paid for by big bank and corporate America.

• jim

January 9, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Agree, jjammerb!

2. rich jones

January 9, 2013 at 8:47 pm

i saw the whole thing play out and it was obvious to me that it was crooked. it was done in front of everyone and it was just accepted. what can be done about this though? unless that can be figured out none of this matters.

3. YM

January 9, 2013 at 11:00 pm

And now the whole country will suffer under the “executive order” happy President Obama!

4. Linda

January 9, 2013 at 11:46 pm

The convention should have shocked anyone who witnessed the insult to others candidates’ delegates.

5. Sean

January 10, 2013 at 1:12 am

Ron Paul appealed to a lot of non-republicans who are sick of authoritarianism

6. Jeremy

January 10, 2013 at 7:57 am

I would have voted for Ron Paul; instead I voted for Obama.

• bryan

January 10, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I did the same, I just couldn’t bring myself to vote for some thieves. Their ignorance has made me not trust my own party.

• Alex

January 10, 2013 at 6:20 pm

I just threw up in my mouth.

• jeremy E

January 10, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Gary Johnson was my alternate choice.

• Brandon

January 11, 2013 at 12:22 am

Mine as well.

• Sean

January 10, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I would have went on a diet but instead I ate an entire cheesecake.

7. Gina

January 10, 2013 at 8:30 am

I believe the whole bi-partisan deal was only a smoke and mirror tactic. Romney was the unelectable creep so that Obama would be the shoe-in so that a lot more creepy ripping of our liberties would escalate. Romney supporters were staunch to get a Republican in the house, which the powers-that-be did not want. WWF was more believable to me than this last Presidential run. I love Ron Paul and believe his stand would have put us in the right direction as being a nation that could earn the trust and respect of the world. I had a feeling that if he were elected, he would have perished before any good changes would be made.

8. Steve

January 10, 2013 at 8:57 am

I know I will at every chance remind these dinosaurs in the Republican party how they failed liberty, they failed the free market they failed the founding principals they failed everything and how corrupt and decieving they and their party is. They had a chance to realize the things they proclaimed to believe in but they chose to be hypocrites instead. And for what?

• Stacey

January 11, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Exactly.

9. dinsdale

January 10, 2013 at 9:22 am

“Alford is at a loss to understand why the GOP took this course of action”
    Because the bankers that control both parties had to make sure the election would be close enough that it could be rigged. This is a dictatorship with a puppet president.

• Ozlanthos

January 10, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Too true. If Obama had to face Ron Paul he wouldn’t have even bothered to show up. He would have declared a national emergency and shut down the federal government before facing someone who actually KNOWS and has a history of following the CONSTITUTION!

-Oz

10. Caustic Pop

January 10, 2013 at 10:01 am

To paraphrase Princess Leia, the more the establishment GOP tightens its grip, the more potential supporters slip through its fingers

11. Carrie

January 10, 2013 at 11:25 am

Does anyone know how many “write in’s” Ron Paul had? I know Johnson had about a million votes.

• Jt

January 10, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Ron Paul did not have any write ins as he was not an eligible write in candidate and ineligible write ins are not counted.

• Kathleen

January 10, 2013 at 4:56 pm

That’s not true, actually. Ron Paul was a registered write-in candidate in California. He received 21,461 votes from California. http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/sov/2012-general/sov-complete.pdf

• Tim Mahnke

January 10, 2013 at 8:53 pm

He was eligible and did have write-ins in California and a few other states. I saw it on the official CA website; and I wrote him in after verifying that my vote would be counted.

12. Justin

January 10, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I think Ron Paul is exactly what this country needs. The problem is we need him in the presidency and a congress full of individuals like him.

Anything he attempted to do would be blocked by a united obstructionist congress.

Ron Paul is strongly opposed the the Federal Reserve and it’s free reign and absolute lack of oversight. The banks that make up the federal reserve (mostly European banks)OWN congress, they OWN the presidency, they OWN our money, and by proxy for all intents and purposes they own our military and us as a people us.

The reason the republican crooks stole the nomination was because their banking masters told them to.

Like Gina I’m afraid that if Dr Paul had gotten elected, even if he could get some traction going, the bankers would have eliminated him like they did JFK over the US Silver certificates.

13. lips

January 10, 2013 at 2:29 pm

election fraud of every single kind, in every single state and puerto rico. romney didn’t even win 1 lousy state without fraud. not 1.

14. Mark

January 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm

….Alford is at a loss to understand why the GOP took this course of action because as the election results bore out, Governor Romney, the eventual nominee, was not a good candidate….

Alford is being disengenious here. This came right from the top of the food chain in the GOP, and when your boss tells you to do something……you do it!! That is if you want to keep your job. You`ve heard the old saying “You wont work in this town again” Both party`s are controlled by a handful of people. Whats disheartning about the whole feasco is this……the American people let it happin….shame on you.

Mark
    Aberdeen, Scotland

15. Mactdbox

January 10, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Republicans didn’t like Dr. Paul because he didn’t stand with his party. Dr. Paul stood in front of his party as a Libertarian. Ron Paul stands for what America should be and he has my voice.

16. Crimsonite

January 10, 2013 at 4:13 pm

It’s simple. Obama is a puppet of the Elites who own all major weapons manufacturers, banks, oil companies, pharmaceutical companies and “organic farms”. They want to use Obama to hack away the people’s freedom bits by bits leaving us all powerless and then they will take over. Romney was the only candidate that they knew could not beat Obama, so they did this to drop out Ron Paul so that Obama could stay on the throne.

17. Jeff

January 10, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I think it’s time for the Paul supporters to admit that the GOP does not want a candidate who stands for liberty, personal responsibility, and limited government. Guys, you gave it your best shot and the party leadership made it clear what they think of you. You won’t change their minds. They LIKE the way things are.
    It’s time to either start a new party, or switch parties to the Libertarian party and bring all of the real conservatives with you. Gut the GOP – take their strength and let them fade away as they deserve.

18. Cheryl

January 10, 2013 at 5:17 pm

I am registered Non-Affiliated and have not identified with any party except to change (only) to vote in elections as needed. I VOTED FOR DR.RON PAUL IN THE GENERAL ELECTION AND PRIMARY. Dr. Paul was my candidate of choice and I chose not to settle for anyone else. I was aware he would, unfortunately for US(a), not be elected in November. It is a travesty that elections are so rigged in the US(a), but we all know we are not really a FREE nation, have not been for a long time, only perhaps a tad bit more free than others, but Not really Free!

19. whatever

January 10, 2013 at 5:54 pm

it shoulda been paul who was nominated. i wasn’t gonna vote for some fucking mormon…

• ksforliberty

March 19, 2013 at 4:20 am

Really? THAT’S why you wouldn’t vote for him? What a low class thing to say. In fact, the Mormons do not teach anything less than to live honest and true. Romney is NOT a good example of that if you consider the multiple accounts of fraud he and his campaign have been accused of. His religion has NOTHING to do with his lack of morals, he made those choices all by himself. EVERY walk of life, EVERY religion, EVERY creed and color have their honest and dishonest.
      I am a Mormon, and I support truth, I support Ron Paul’s rEVOLution as a member of the liberty movement. As a staunch defender of truth and liberty, I would ask that you to re-think your opinion of Mormons. Members of the LDS church are taught to seek truth, to be honest and charitable, to uphold and defend the Constitution and we are taught to follow Jesus Christ.

20. David

January 10, 2013 at 6:07 pm

They not only stole the nomination from Dr. Paul, they stole the future from every man, woman, and child in this Country! Ron Paul was the ONLY one who could have defeated obama, and now we will all pay a heavy, heavy price for their arrogance!

• Brandon

January 11, 2013 at 12:27 am

What about Gary Johnson? He is Ron Paul on Liberty steroids. Don’t get me wrong though, I love Ron Paul.

21. Evan

January 10, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Please sign this petition to the White House:

22. HBD

January 10, 2013 at 7:11 pm

i Believe EVERY Word.

23. Mark

January 10, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I’m English, and I was heartbroken when Ron Paul got robbed as he did. He was potentially the best thing to happen on this plant in a long time.

24. Sand

January 10, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I saw first hand the fraud and cheating that took place at all 3 of the caucuses i attended in Missouri. It made me a firm believer in the fact that we don’t really get to pick our “elected” officials. this is simply an illusion. we are no longer in control of our country. it is all a total sham. i don’t even know the country USA has become. it is actually starting to scare the crap out of me the way our country has turned. we even have congressmen wanting to write bills to oust the Constitution. All we can do now is pray for our country.

25. Sand

January 10, 2013 at 8:02 pm

26. Doc R.

January 10, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I have Never missed voting…This time I withheld…I Could Not vote Republican and I certainly would not vote Obama.

27. gary

January 10, 2013 at 8:19 pm

the american people dont want ron paul. neither do we want the truth. we want the illusion thats presented to us on t.v.

28. RON PATTERSON

January 11, 2013 at 2:51 am

This was back in the eighties and I think it was Andre Morue who was running I was listening to an interview with the head of the MI chapter of league of women voters were holding a debate for for the pres candidates when asked about Mr Morue she said ” while Mr.Morue has satisfied the objective qualifications but has not satisfied the SUBJECTIVE qualifications ” this crap has been going on for ever.

29. Rick Guerrero

January 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Great Book. A friend bought it for me and I couldn’t stop reading! One day read for me. I’d recommend to everyone who seeks a better future for our beloved country!

30. Michael Alford

January 14, 2013 at 6:39 pm

To everyone who has bought and read this book, thank you. Since I self-published, I’m doing all the promoting myself, which has been…educational. So if you read the book, please recommend it to someone else. And if you enjoyed it, please leave me a review on Amazon. Thank you

31. RevNowWhileWeCan

March 16, 2013 at 4:47 am

When mr. Alford realizes that there is NO differences in the hoax that is this two party system then it would be easy to understand that the duopoly’s only mission is to keep themselves in power at any cost. The GOP hierarchy did exactly what they were supposed to do. They were scared to death to have Dr. Paul get the nod because he would have made a fool of Obama in the debates. Then he would’ve gained more momentum as the season continued leading up to November where he would have beat O like a drum. The oligarchs knew this and could not allow Paul to get past Romney for fear of losing the presidency. They still both party’s and Ron Paul’s effort was the last grassroots effort to be heard from. That’s why it’s imperative that we oust the duopoly and bring a third party to the forefront. If the people want to be heard from again there can be no more democrats or republicans. That includes Rand in 2016.

32. tonya

March 16, 2013 at 7:49 am

Epic fail for the gop and for the people. Thieves! How about all the counties whose votes were never added in?

33. Nicholas Feeley

March 16, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Alright.
    The GOP might’ve *known* RMoney wouldn’tve been able to win against Obama. Which is exactly why they put RMoney up.
    It’s pretty easy to see the direction this country’s going, and what Obama’s doing. SO you purposely throw the election, and wait for the country to get significantly worse under a Democrat President.
    …And then come back with someone who *is* a contender, but really is just another closet GOP shill (I’m eyeing Rubio for that role, currently). The Republicans will look like saviors, thus ensuring their victory at a critical time (the downswing of the country), and if they can get the country on an upswing, even a small one, their grasp of the reins has tightened significantly.