- FISA Court Colludes with NSA to Allow Unconstitutional SurveillancePosted 4 years ago
- Ron Paul says U.S. Gov’t Considers its Citizens to be the EnemyPosted 4 years ago
- U.S. Officials don’t know how much Secret Material Snowden TookPosted 4 years ago
- Nancy Pelosi: We Should Give up Liberty for Security, Snowden a Criminal – Booed by AudiencePosted 4 years ago
- US Officials Leave 700 Troops in Jordan, Patriot Missiles and Fighter Jets – Escalation of Syrian WarPosted 4 years ago
- If Obama Wants No More Snowdens, He Should Stop Spying and Assassinating, Says WikiLeaksPosted 4 years ago
- EFF Sues NSA, DOJ Over Secret Surveillance ProgramPosted 4 years ago
- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 4 years ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 4 years ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 4 years ago
Anti-Smoking Activists’ Clueless Crusdade Against E-Cigarettes
My latest article at The Daily Beast looks at the push against e-cigarettes, which deliver nicotine hits to smokers who would otherwise be sucking on cancer sticks:
The latest push from tobacco eliminationists doesn’t involve actual smoking, which has already been driven out of polite society more thoroughly than Rev. Jeremiah Wright sermons, early David Allan Coe records, andThree’s Company-era gay jokes combined. But it does lay bare the prohibitionist mindset and its fixation on scrubbing the planet clean of any behavior or attitude the crusader deems unacceptable.
This time, the buttinskys are trying to douse the dreaded e-cigarette, a device that supplies a safe nicotine hit to the user without bothering or endangering anybody else. E-cigarettes use replaceable cartridges in which nicotine or flavors are heated, vaporized, and inhaled (users are called “vapers”). Some e-cigarettes look like conventional cancer sticks and others look more like something from a bad Sylvester Stallone movie set in the near future. Questions of fashion aside, they are not just a safer way for smokers to get the nicotine they crave, they are apparently as safe as milk (well, pasteurized milk, anyway, and assuming you’re not lactose intolerant).